I hope to read all the books that stay on the New York Times Paperback Non-Fiction Best Seller List for at least 2 weeks. Some I may even be able to cross off right away if I read them when they were on the Hard Cover best seller list.
I use the 2 week rule cause I feel that some books can make it to the top due to manipulation of sales but they cannot stay a 2nd week unless they have great sales.
Of course the other reason is that I don’t have time to read every book that makes it to the top.
I also may knock some of these books off using audiobook versions.
Having someone read a story to you is always enjoyable.
Non-fiction is not well served by way of audiobooks because if the books is any good I will want to take notes.
HEAVEN IS FOR REAL, by Todd Burpo with Lynn Vincent. (Thomas Nelson, $16.99.) A boy’s encounter with Jesus and the angels during an appendectomy. – January 23, 2011 – 14 weeks
– INSIDE OF A DOG, by Alexandra Horowitz. (Scribner, $16.) The world from a dog’s point of view. – December 26, 2010 – 12 weeks
WITH THE OLD BREED, by E. B. Sledge. (Presidio, $16.) A memoir of fighting in the Pacific theater during World War II. – June 6, 2010 – 6 weeks
– EAT, PRAY, LOVE, by Elizabeth Gilbert. (Penguin, $15.) A writer’s yearlong journey in search of self takes her to Italy, India and Indonesia. – May 30, 2010 – 200 weeks
– MENNONITE IN A LITTLE BLACK DRESS, by Rhoda Janzen. (Holt, $14.) Life’s detours send Janzen back to the Mennonite home where she was raised. – May 16, 2010 – 4 weeks
– CONSERVATIVE VICTORY, by Sean Hannity. (Harper, $14.99.) The Fox News host calls for action against the policies of Barack Obama. – April 18, 2010 – 4 weeks
– A PATRIOT’S HISTORY OF THE UNITED STATES, by Larry Schweikart and Michael Allen. (Sentinel, $21.95.) America as a “city on a hill.” – March 21, 2010 – 5 weeks
THE LOST CITY OF Z, by David Grann. (Vintage Departures, $15.95.) A New Yorker writer searches for a British explorer who was lost in the Amazon in 1925. – February 21, 2010 – 5 weeks
– THE BLIND SIDE, by Michael Lewis. (Norton, $13.95.) The evolving business of football, viewed through the rise of the left tackle Michael Oher. – January 03, 2010 – 26 weeks